Thursday, September 1, 2022

 Week 2 Part A: Communication between business and consumer

    Communication between businesses and consumers has changed a lot throughout the years. Apps like Yelp, Google, Facebook, and Instagram have made it real easy to communicate with businesses from a consumers standpoint. These apps are great if you're a business with a great product and want people to know what others think about your business. This is great for your business because you know what people want and what they might not like, so you can change it to better your business. In the past businesses would only get reviews and promotions mostly from word of mouth which does not have as much of a range as social media does. If you're lucky you might be featured on the local news or a radio station might mention you during commercials. It is crazy to think how much communication has changed when it comes to businesses and consumers. 

    So I looked up reviews to 3 of my favorite restaurants, the first one is Sushi4reel. I love sushi and I love this restaurant! The reviews they got were mostly positive, they have a 4.5 out of 5 which is pretty good. The only negative reviews they got were that they waited longer than expected for their food to arrive. This makes sense because they get backed up with online orders. That alone should tell you how great their sushi is!. The second restaurant I checked out was Guhuan grills reviews which were even better than the restaurant. They have a 4.7 out of 5, all their reviews were great except for a couple which were still not bad. The only complaint they have is that the food is a little pricey which I agree with but the food is definitely worth it. The last restaurant I checked out was Lucha Libre which is a taco shop. Their reviews got the lowest ranking out of the three with a score of 4.3 out of 5. The reviews were still really great and the reason why they have some low reviews is because people are complaining the burritos are not as big. I love these 3 restaurants and I'm happy they all got great reviews. 

    To be honest I have never left a review at a restaurant which I should. After reading all these reviews I feel bad because I should leave reviews to these restaurants I love. Another thing I want to point out is that I will never leave a negative review on a business because I don't want to hurt someones lively hood. People have bad days and so do businesses, so I don't want a crappy day to affect someone's means to provide for their families. From now on though I will make more of an effort to leave positive reviews for great businesses. 

    If I had my own business I would try to respond to every review regardless if it is positive or negative. If I see a positive review I will try to respond timely and thank them for leaving a great review because that will benefit my business greatly. If a person leaves a negative review I will try to respond to it as fast as possible. Honestly negative reviews might take precedent over the positive ones, because I want the consumers to know that I care and take their complaints into consideration. I believe a great business had great customer service. I have also been told people buy from people they like so I will try hard to respond to all the comments. 

Writing a Positive Comment:

    So I went back and left two reviews on different businesses. The first one was sushi4reel, I said they have great food and the atmosphere of the restaurant is great. I also said they will leave happy and satisfied. The second review I left is for a hair product company called Hair craft. I wrote that they have a great hair product that feels great and does not leave for hair feeling dry after using it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...