Thursday, November 17, 2022

Week 13 Part A: Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

 Week 13 Part A: Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

    The two social media platforms that have been using the most recently have been Facebook and Instagram, and the ads that I get the most are food ads and clothing ads. What gets my attention to these ads is the way they structure their posts. If they have multiple products to post they give each product their own picture or their post. Nike and Adidas do a great job of advertising their products. They usually make cool videos for their products. Food pages that get my attention usually post pictures or videos of their clients eating their food. All these images and videos get my attention and the videos are always entertaining. The ads I find annoying are the ones that just post a person talking and that are not funny. State-farm for example I don't use them for insurance and don'y plan on switching to them but their commercials are entertaining and I always enjoy them. If I needed insurance I would choose them simply because of their videos. 

    I believe social media is a lot more effective for advertising because no one really watches TV anymore. Everyone gets most of their advertising from social media. The last time I have seen an ad was during the Superbowl when they have all their commercials. I get a lot of commercials when it comes to movies and insurance companies, that is something I am not really interested in. I also get a lot of ads that I might have talked about or googled. I used to find it really intrusive but now I don't really mind it. Companies spend millions every year on advertising and I can see why. There have been times when I have been lured to buy things because I saw an ad on social media. If I had a big business I would definitely spend the money on advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...