Thursday, October 27, 2022

 Week 9 Part A: Blogs, Vlogs, Podcasts & Webinars

    Adding human interest and personal touch is very important when Vlogging for your online business. I work in sales and one of the ways we get people to buy from us is to have them like us by sharing a piece of personal information. I specifically work in gym membership sales, when I have a potential new member in front of me I always try to make myself more personable to the person in front of me. I usually do this by sharing a personal story about my own fitness journey and why I workout. I try to build value in my product which is the gym. I don't always do this because some people don't want to talk they just want to sign up and get information as fast as possible. It is the same with blog posts, some of your blogs can be specifically on business but others can be focused on more personal reasons. A good time for this is when you want to emotionally get your viewers emotionally invested in your product and what you have to say. One thing I have been told at my job is "Buyers like to buy from people they like". For my own taco business I can make a post about how tacos was what my family ate every time we celebrated a person in my family, and how now whenever I eat tacos it reminds of my family and the love we have for each other. I think that is a good way to get viewers and buyers more interested in your business. That is also a positive image I described above which makes people also think about my business in a positive way. One business that used to do this a lot was a business called Chicago Native which is a clothing brand. Every time they would drop a piece of merchandise they would post about how much they love the city and how we need to support each other as a community. This made the business look really personable which worked because they would always sell out of their merchandise. I definitely think more businesses should write more personable blogs because they will be able to connect with their audience on a deeper level. If people don't like you or don't trust you they will never buy from you let alone take time out of their day to read your blog posts. That is why writing blogs that have human interest or personal touch are really successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...