Friday, December 16, 2022

Week 4 Part A: Defining Target Markets

 Week 4 Part A: Defining Target Markets

    For this week's blog post I chose the sandwich shops to write about. I lived off Subway when I was stationed in Japan, I also love Hungry Bear so it is an easy pick. I did not really notice any big differences between the two websites. I would say the biggest difference is that Hungry Bear has a map of their only location at the bottom of their page. Subway on the other hand is a chain and has multiple locations. So it makes sense why they don't have a map at the bottom of their website. They do have a tab to help you find a location which I thought was pretty sweet. besides that I do not see any other major differences. They even have a similar contrast except that Subways logo is green and yellow. On the other hand Hungry Bears logo is red and black with a bear on it. 

    I think Subway and Hungry Bear have similar characteristics but they also have a lot of differences. Subway is a large chain that operates more like a fast food restaurant. With that being said their demographic caters more to the fast food eaters. Hungry Bear on the other hand is more of a local restaurant. They only have one location that operates more like a deli. They also serve beer at Hungry Bear which attracts a different demographic than Subways. Both websites are well designed and aesthetically nice to look at. They are also very easy to navigate, which shows both businesses made it a priority to be user friendly. I think that says a lot when you're a small business like Hungry Bear. It shows that you care about your customers. Subway uses their classic logo on the top left of their website. Hungry Bear also put their logo at the top left corner. I also think there is a crossover in customers. I say this because I am one of them, I love both Subway and Hungry Bear. Overall I think they both have great websites that are well designed and easy to use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...