Friday, December 16, 2022

Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

 Week 3 Part B: Developing a Brand

    This is a tough question for me because I want to start a couple of different businesses. The first business I want to start is a food service business. I plan on making a pop up taco stand instead of having a physical location. The name of my taco shop will be Dojo's taco stand, and the logo will be a cartoon version of my dog in a karate Gi. I want to name my business after my dog Dojo, because I have seen other people do similar things and I think it would be pretty cool. I also grew up practicing martial ats so that is something that is very important to me, which is why I also want to name my business Dojo's taco stand. 

    The overall color scheme of my business will be dark colors. I don't want to use bright colors because I really want my logo to be similar to a dojo in color and aesthetics. I want to use earthy colors or pastel colors on my logo. I think this will be a good representation of my brand. I also want to create merchandise, and will need a website to sell this merchandise. I want to sell shirts, sweaters, and hats because that would be a great advertisement tool for my business. I also want my website to have a darker color scheme. I want it to be easy for my customers to see. Last week's assignment taught me that having a well designed website is really important. The better design you have the more eyes you will have on your page, leading to more profits. 

    Not only will I create a website, but I will also use social media platforms dedicated to my business. The social media platforms that I plan on using starting off will be Facebook and Instagram. Social media is a great way to promote your business. Most businesses have caught on, and I plan on doing the same. I think having a social media following would be really important in my case because I don't plan on having a store front. So having an online presence will be really important for me to promote my taco stand. 

    Starting off my business will not be well known, so having the right amount of strategic marketing will be crucial in my business succeeding. Like I stated earlier I want to create merchandise for my business. I think having merchandise like shirts, hats, and sweaters is a great way to advertise yourself and business, and also make a profit. I did not really plan on having business cards but I think it would be a great idea to have them. You can put your social media information on them and the name of your website. Having business cards can lead to more eyes on your business that you would typically not get without them. I know there have been times when I forgot the name of a business I like, but I was able to find them thanks to business cards. Marketing and advertisement is really important and every bit counts. 

    I want to start small and be recognized in my own community, but I eventually want to be a brand that is recognized nationally or even globally. Also want to have a clothing brand aside from having a taco stand. Designing clothes is something I have always been interested in. That is why I want to create a clothing brand. There are a lot of brands that have only been around for 8 years but have a global reach. The way they did this was by using social media to garner attention. Brands like gym shark and hypeland have used the power of social media to grow their brand to be globally recognized. I want to do the same in the future. I just don't know exactly what my brand would be called or look like. So for now I will stick to building Dojo's taco stand.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...