Friday, December 16, 2022

Week 17: Wrapping It Up

 Week 17: Wrapping It Up 

    Growing up social media was just being used as a way to connect with others. I don't think people used it to promote their business back in the day. I remember when Instagram first came out, I was stationed in Okinawa and everybody thought Instagram was just a way to add filters to your pictures. Who would have thought that today businesses are thriving because platforms like Instagram and Facebook exist. I've known for the last couple that social media can be a powerful tool to promote your business. But this semester has definitely added to my understanding of social media and how much more powerful it can be. 

    Before this semester I thought all you had to do was post a cool picture of your business and that was all. I did not know so much planning and scheming went into it. For example I never knew that making a post at a certain time of day and week was crucial in how effective your social media business account could be. This semester I learned that the most successful businesses post consistently and around similar times and days every week. This might not seem that important or it might even be something that gets overlooked. But from what I learned this semester I know when I have my business in the future I will make sure to be strategic with the number of posts I make, how often I post, and what time of day I post. 

    The reason why I place so much importance in posting strategically, is because from the research I've done, I learned the most successful businesses post strategically. Another thing I learned from my research this semester is that a lot of new business can really benefit from social media. I read an article that stated, new businesses in the food industry can really make a leap in profits by customers just re-posting their food on platforms like Instagram and Facebook. I'm not a big fan of Tik-Tok, it has never caught my attention. It might be because I'm old, but I can't deny that it is a powerful tool to promote your business. I had friends tell me they have gone to restaurants only because they saw them on Tik-Tok. That is crazy to think about, because 15 years ago you would never be able to do that. So in short the most successful businesses use social media to promote their business and it works. The businesses that seem to be struggling also do not have a strong social media presence. This can lead you to assume that social media is the key difference and you wouldn't be wrong. 

    I found a lot of tools I want to use for my personal business in the future. I will absolutely use Facebook and Instagram because they have such a large following and are the O.G.'s of social media. I will also go on Twitter and Tik-Tok because I can't deny the fact that they are powerful tools to promote your business and get exposure. I will also use google analytics to track my business and see what works and what doesn't, so I can make improvements. I know for some services you have to pay to get access to their premium tools. Starting off I don't think I will pay for these extra services, but as my business starts to takeoff I will definitely pay for these tools because that can possibly help take my business to the next level. 

    Social media has changed the game when it comes to promoting your business. If you're a new business in any field, I definitely recommend creating a social media page only dedicated to your business. Like I stated earlier a great social media can be the difference whether a new business makes it or fails. They say more than half of new businesses don't make it, so why not increase your odds by promoting yourself on social media. Going forward when I do start my new business I will use as many social media tools as I can, because I don't want to work hard and fail because I did not use all the tools available to me. Thanks to this class I am better prepared for when I am ready to start my business. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

 Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing         I think I would send out a quarterly  newsletter  for my business. The reason why I wou...